Here’s the situation: Your candidates have entered their personal info into the online application. Their names, address, and other data is already in the system. Now they need to enter the same info into the background check system. This process is irritating, to say the least, but it wastes valuable time and creates many opportunities for error. Nevertheless, all this paperwork has to get done. What’s the solution?
Integration. By integrating your applicant tracking system with the background check platform of your screening vendor, you can create an efficient, streamlined way for candidates to provide their personal information.
The benefits of integrated background checks include the following:
- Entering data one time is efficient and saves time.
- The more times data needs to be entered, the more opportunities there are for error. Entering addresses, dates, employers, education credentials, and other personal information one time greatly reduces mistakes.
- Integrated systems facilitate greater visibility of the candidate and the hiring process. Achieving full transparency and evaluating metrics is a challenge when the necessary information is stored in various systems.
- ATS integrations allow businesses to move candidates through the background check process as quickly as possible, avoiding the inefficiencies that might cause good candidates to move on rather than wait or jump through multiple hoops.
- A smooth, integrated process creates a better candidate experience. It’s a good way to make a good impression straight out of the gate. It’s also easier for your employees to use and makes your HR department’s jobs easier.
Keys to Success
There are lots of ATS integrations out there. The best ones for your business include features such as the following:
- Customizable packages that allow you to define down to the job level what screenings are required.
- Access to a wide range of screening services, including drug testing
- Built-in compliance tools such as consent and authorization forms, adverse action notices, and adjudication workflows
- Custom filtering that facilitates rapid background screening reviews
- Automatic alerts and notifications
- Mobile-optimized data entry so candidates can enter their info at their convenience and in a location where they have easy access to all the data required
- Basic reports
- Accurate, reliable results
Say Hello to ATS Integrations
Good technology makes the candidate onboarding process more efficient. Your candidates want a one-click experience. You can achieve that with high-powered ATS integrations from your background check provider. Talk to your screening partner today about their integration options.