Do you want to have really fast and smooth internet in every part of your house? If the answer to the question is yes, it is recommended that you perform the Netgear Nighthawk setup. Setting up a WiFi router in your home will spread your existing wireless network to every corner of your home. Exactly what you want right? Yes!
In this article, we’ve discussed the step-by-step guidelines through which you can easily perform Netgear router setup by using the Nighthawk app. Thus, read on and find out how to set up and install a WiFi router in your home.
How to Perform Netgear Nighthawk Setup Using the App?
Below are the guidelines you should follow to install a wireless router with the Netgear Nighthawk application.
- Place the Netgear Router
Start by placing the Netgear WiFi router at the right location. The placement of your device decides how well it functions. Thus, consider the points outlined below while choosing the location for your device:
- Place your Nighthawk router in the center-most location of your home.
- Keep the router away from electronic devices, reflexive surfaces, metal objects, and transmitting appliances. Otherwise, the WiFi signals of your device will get interrupted for no reason.
- Also, do not place your device at floor level, near corners, or thick concrete walls.
- Power On the Nighthawk Router
Once you are done placing the router at its ideal location, the next step in line is to power it on. Thus turn on your router and follow the instructions given below to proceed further:
- After you turn your device on, wait for the LED light to become green. In case the LED doesn’t turn green, then power-cycle your device.
- Once the LED light has become stable, grab a cable and connect your router to the modem.
- You can also connect your Netgear router and modem wirelessly.
- As soon as a good connection between your devices has been accomplished, connect your mobile device and connect it to the WiFi network.
- Download the Netgear Nighthawk App
Is your mobile device connected to your wireless network? Yes? Well, then it’s time to download the Netgear Nighthawk app. Follow the steps outlined below to download the app:
- Go to the Google Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS) and search for the Netgear Nighthawk application.
- Once you find the Netgear router app, click on the Download button and wait for a couple of minutes for the application to get installed.
- As soon as the app gets installed, create a Netgear account.
- In order to create an account, enter your full name, email ID, and password.
- Follow the On-Screen Instructions
Once the Netgear Nighthawk router login page appears create a Netgear account, fill in the default username and password of your router, and tap on the Log In button. The Netgear Nighthawk setup page will appear on your screen. Now, follow the on-screen prompts to finish setting up your device and get it running.
The Bottom Line
In this way, you can set up and install a WiFi router using the Netgear Nighthawk app. In case you want to tackle the Netgear router setup issues on your own it is recommended that you refer to the manual. You’ll find every detail (model number, different setup methods, how to create a guest network, how to change the default password, and much more) regarding your device in there.